Mihm's film-making career officially began in 2006 with the release of his first retro-styled film, The Monster of Phantom Lake. Since that time, Mihm has produced one film per year, with his movies covering a wide variety of genres while paying tribute to a number of B-Movie actors and directors, including William Castle, Roger Corman, Lon Chaney Jr. and Bert I. Gordon, among others.
Mihm's films have won a number of awards. Attack of the Moon Zombies won the coveted 2011 Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Award for Best Independent Feature. The Giant Spider took first place in the Action/Horror Feature category at the 2013 Highway 61 Film Festival. Mr. Mihm was also awarded the first-ever "Roger & Julie Corman Intrepid Filmmaker" award at the 37th annual Valley CON in Fargo, ND and won the "Best Director" award from mailorderzombie.com.
Films directed by Christopher R. Mihm include:
- The Monster of Phantom Lake (2006)
- It Came from Another World! (2007)
- Cave Women on Mars (2008)
- Terror from Beneath the Earth (2009)
- Destination: Outer Space (2010)
- Attack of the Moon Zombies (2011)
- House of Ghosts (2012)
- The Giant Spider (2013)
- The Late Night Double Feature (2014)
- Danny Johnson Saves the World (2015)
- Weresquito: Nazi Hunter (2016)
- Demon with the Atomic Brain (2017)
- Guns of the Apocalypse (2018)