Chie Shinohara, born on February 15th, is a mangaka mostly known for her work of Sora Ga Akai Kawa No Hotori: Anatolia Story. She has received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo works twice by now, once in 1987 for Yami No Purple Eyes and in 2001 for Anatolia Story.
- Sora Ga Akai Kawa No Hotori: Anatolia Story (The Sky Is Next To The Red River)
- Ao no Fuuin (The Blue Seal)
- Purple Eyes in the Dark
- Ryouko no Shinreijikenbo (A Record Of Ryoko's Psychic Events)
- Mizu ni Sumu Hana (Flower Blossoming In The Water)
- Kiri no Mori Hotel
- Kioku no Ashiato (Footprints of Memories)
- Yume No Shizuku Kin No Torikago (Dream Drop In The Golden Birdcage)
- Chie Shinohara: The Best Collection
Tropes associated with Chie Shinohara
- Bishōnen: Majority of the men she draws, even the ones who are described as being 'plain'.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Her characters have to really work themselves to the bone to get one.
- Shown Their Work: Shinohara has travelled the world a lot and studied foreign cultures, history and similar, which shows in her works. Particularly noticeable in Anatolia Story, which are based on the writings of King Mursili II; Kail from her story.