Born in Tsuchiura, Japan, she was a child model during the boom in the mid-'90s. She got her start as an actress with the films Shikoku and Ju-on note . Her role in Battle Royale caught the eye of Quentin Tarantino who cast her in her iconic role in Kill Bill.
She has also studied ballet and gymnastics and released a few albums.
Tropes relevant to this actress:
- Chronically Killed Actor: She has a habit of being killed in her movies.
- Shikoku: Her death is what drives the story as her mad mother attempts to resurrect her.
- Battle Royale: Shot in the back and dies in the arms of her friend Hiroki.
- Kill Bill: A showstopper duel against the Bride pits Katanas Are Just Better against Epic Flail. The Bride wins, by virtue of a board (with a nail in it) to the head. Ow.
- Azumi 2: Death or Love: Repeatedly slashed by Azumi after being revealed as The Mole.
- Ju-On: The Curse: Killed by Toshio (off-screen).
- The Great Yokai War: Impaled with Extreme Prejudice by the Big Bad in order to further a magical ritual.
- Cute and Psycho: She pulls off psychotic extremely well. Such as:
- Battle Royale, being cut in the face sends her into a berserk rage.
- Oyayubihime, Sayako shrinks the boy she likes and is trying to force him to love her back. When her friend Aya discovers the truth Sayako shrinks Aya as well and proceeds to torment her for amusement. Eventually, Aya makes an attempt to escape and a cold-blooded Sayako steps on her, collects her body in tissue, and tosses her in the garbage.
- Kill Bill, Gogo is a teenage bodyguard, wearing a school uniform, that the Bride introduces by calling her young and insane.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Misuzu Akagi, from Yakuza: Dead Souls, is modeled after her.
- Promoted Fanboy: After she made an interview with Gantz mangaka, Oku Hiroya, and telling him she was a huge fan, she ended in the manga as a character named "Kill Bill".
- Rapunzel Hair: Chiaki usually wears her hair very long.
- Type Cast: In her own words, she is always seen as "the scary one".