Catherine Fisher is a Welsh author and poet currently based in Gwent province. She has published multiple novels, mainly for a young adult audience, and many poems in various anthologies. Her writing trends towards the Science Fantasy and Steampunk aesthetics, often with a distinctly British flavour.
Catherine Fisher's works include:
- The Oracle
- The Archon
- The Scarab
- The Snow-Walker's Son
- The Empty Hand
- The Soul Thieves
- The Relic Master/The Dark City
- The Interrex/The Lost Heiress
- Alain's Coronet/The Hidden Coronet
- The Margrave
- The Obsidian Mirror
- The Box of Red Brocade/The Slanted Worlds
- The Door in the Moon
- The Speed of Darkness
Tropes that appear frequently in her works:
- Bad Future: Ranges from Feudal Future in Relic Master to "future is literally nonexistent" in Chronoptika.
- Creator Thumbprint: Dark-haired men in long coats. Epigraphs for every chapter. Frequent semicolons. Shadow Archetypes. Apotheotic storylines.
- Encyclopedia Exposita
- Pro-Human Transhuman: The characters that achieve some kind of apotheosis usually remain benevolent, at least for a given value of "benevolent".
- Shadow Archetype
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Usually appears in triplicate with the gang of heroes and the Big Bad.