Carmen Calvel is a Spanish voice actress. Starting in the business at the early 90s, she soon specialized in animation, and for a long time she was a mainstay of the anime dubbed on the Barcelona area before diverging to live action cinema and Western animation. Calvell has arguably demonstrated to be a Master of All in terms of playing, having successfully played a wide array of vastly different characters, though she is specially proficient on worldly women, energetic girls and Cool Big Sis types.
Notable roles by Carmen Calvell:
- Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
- Sayaka Miki in Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
- Misato Katsuragi in all of the Neon Genesis Evangelion films, including Rebuild of Evangelion.
- Kagura in Inuyasha.
- Rickert in Berserk.
- Sakura Matou in Fate/stay night.
- Reika Mishima and other characters in Rahxephon.
- Miaka Yuuki in Fushigi Yugi.
- Killua Zaoldyeck in Hunter × Hunter.
- Angelica in Gunslinger Girl.
- Saya Kisaragi in Blood-C.
- Nokoru Imonoyama in CLAMP School Detectives.
- Tokiko Magami in X1999.
- Shinobu Maehara in Love Hina.
- Saki Hanajima in Fruits Basket.
- Shinobu Nagumo in Patlabor
- Nina Sakura in Ultra Maniac.
- Yomiko Readman in Read or Die.
- Natsuko Kawaguchi in Desert Punk.
- Priscilla in Calimero (1993 anime series).
- Princess Celestia and Pinkie Pie in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Marceline in Adventure Time.
- Asami Sato in The Legend of Korra.
- Sam Manson in Danny Phantom.
Tropes that apply to Carmen Calvell:
- Relationship Voice Actor: She, Carmen Ambrós and María Rosa Guillén have a long career together. The three debuted in the business at the same time (the Spanish dub of Red Dwarf in 1989) and went to share screen in countless anime series, playing both friends and enemies. Even today, if you hear one of them in a voice work, the other two are probably not very away.