Carbunkle Cartoons is a Canadian animation studio.
Headed by Bob Jaques and Kelly Armstrong, Carbunkle is well known among the animation community as having some of the best animation outside of Disney since The Golden Age of Animation (like with TMS Entertainment, Richard Williams, Don Bluth, Studio Ghibli, Startoons and studios founded by Ex-TMS staff members like Disney Japan and Spectrum).
Works produced by Carbunkle Cartoons:
- The Ren & Stimpy Show - The company's most well known work, animating 9 episodesList
- The Baby Huey Show - 1st season only
- Tales of Worm Paranoia - A short for the What A Cartoon! Show, produced with Kennedy Cartoons.
- The Ripping Friends - Ink and paint was sent off to PiP Animation Services.
- Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" - Likewise had ink and paint sent off to PiP. Also animated in collaboration with Big Star.
- The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack - Sheet timing on the show's first season.
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto - Also with Big Star.
Tropes associated with Carbunkle Cartoons:
- Animation Bump: Possibly one of the most popular cases of this tropes.
- Deranged Animation: In most of their works.
- Off-Model: These guys milked this trope for all its worth. This, in return, made the animation even better.