Caity Lotz (born Caity Marie Lotz on December 30, 1986 in San Diego, California) is a American actress, dancer, singer, and model.
She started her career as a dancer, dancing backup for Avril Lavigne and Lady Gaga and appearing in numerous music videos. She is also a martial artist, with some training in Taekwondo, Wushu and Muay Thai, as well as a skilled practitioner of Le Parkour and Tricking. All of this resulted in her doing most of her own stunts once she moved into acting.
She has had several movie roles, but her most well-known has been Sara Lance / The (White) Canary across the Arrowverse, starting in Arrow on a recurring basis, before taking a lead role on its spinoff, Legends of Tomorrow. She also has appeared in TheFlash and Supergirl, and directed one episode of season 5 of Legends of Tomorrow.
- Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006) as Pacific Vista Cheerleader
- Mad Men (2010, 2014-2015) as Stephanie Horton
- Law & Order: LA (2010) as Amy Reynolds note
- Death Valley (2011) as Officer Kirsten Landry
- The Pact (2012) as Annie Barlow
- The Pact 2 (2014)
- NTSF:SD:SUV:: (2012) as Mary
- The Machine (2013) as Ava / The Machine
- Arrowverse (2013 — present) as Sara Lance / The (White) Canary:
- Stalker (2014) as Melissa Barnes note
- Action Girl: Her best known roles make good use of her extensive martial arts and gymnastics skills.
- Adorkable: In addition to being a bit of a klutz despite her amazing physical prowess (see Cute Clumsy Girl below), she became something of a comic geek after she read the Birds of Prey comics that inspired her character while preparing for the role.
- Badass Adorable: No doubt about it.
- The Cast Showoff: In many of her roles she really gets a chance to show off her dancing, martial arts, Le Parkour and tricking skills.
- Creator Backlash:
- She wasn't happy with the way Sara Lance was killed off at the start of Arrow Season Three, with the show then adding insult to injury by asking her to come back to provide Laurel faking Sara's voice, then a hallucination that ends up giving Laurel her blessing to become the new Canary. After the latter, she announced that it would be the last such role she did for the show, until the producers appeased her (and the legions of fans who were also upset with the shoddy treatment of the character) by bringing her Back from the Dead to star in Legends of Tomorrow.
- Like many of her co-stars, she wasn't fan of Laurel being Stuffed in the Fridge during Arrow Season Four either, believing that Sara's relationship with her sister is the character's strongest trait (that and she has become good friends with Katie Cassidy).
- Chronically Killed Actor:
- In The Machine, her original character was killed-off. Said character's likeness was then used to build the titular Robot Girl.
- Her character survived in the first The Pact, but the sequel killed her off.
- Her character died a whopping three times on Arrow. The first two, she ended up Not Quite Dead. She was murdered on the third but came Back from the Dead a year later.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: If the Arrow gag reel is any indication.
- Dance Battler:Caity: "In high school, during lunchtime I would go in the room where the wrestling mats were and try different flips and different moves, like windmills. I just started mixing martial arts with jazz and contemporary stuff and it would get mashed together and became my style."
- Enforced Method Acting: In Arrow's fourth season, she apparently trained with Katie Cassidy (her on-screen sister and Canary successor) occasionally, likely to establish their characters as a Sibling Team in future episodes.
- Ms. Fanservice: Many of her roles show off her amazingly fit body. Special mention goes to the scenes in Arrow where she uses the salmon ladder.
- No Stunt Double: Given that shes a trained stuntwoman herself, she gets to show off her amazing martial arts skills and athletic ability.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With her Arrowverse co-stars Katrina Law (Nyssa) and Jes Macallan (Ava), both of whom have something of a friendly rivalry regarding the Avalance and Nyssara ships.