Bullfrog Productions was a British videogame developer founded in 1987 by Peter Molyneux and Les Edgar. It was famous for creating Management/God Sims with a dark sense of humour. In 1995 Electronic Arts purchased the company while Peter Molyneux left the company in 1997 to found Lionhead Studios. At the same time three other staff members (Mike Diskett, Fin McGechie and Guy Simmons) left and founded Mucky Foot Productions.
The studio stopped producing games in 2001 and was officially closed in 2004.
Games developed by the studio:
- Fusion (1988)
- Populous (1989)
- Populous II (1991)
- Populous: The Beginning (1998)
- Flood (1990)
- Powermonger (1990)
- Syndicate (1993)
- Syndicate: American Revolt (1994)
- Syndicate Wars (1996)
- Psycho Santa (1993) note
- Magic Carpet (1994)
- Magic Carpet 2 (1995)
- Theme Park (1994)
- Theme Park World (Sim Theme Park in the US) (1999)
- Theme Park Inc (Sim Coaster in the US) (2001)
- Tube (1994)
- Hi-Octane (1995)
- Genewars (1996)
- Dungeon Keeper (1997)
- Dungeon Keeper 2 (1999)
- Theme Hospital (1997)
- Theme Aquarium (Only released in Japan) (1998)
- Executive Meddling: After the studio was bought by Electronic Arts, several projects were cancelled, including Dungeon Keeper 3.
- What Could Have Been: Bullfrog was working on several projects, including Dungeon Keeper 3: War for the Overworld, Genesis: The Hand of God, The Indestructibles, Theme Movie Studio, Theme Resort, and Void Star.