Brian Wood (born 1972) is an American writer, illustrator and graphic designer, most well known for his work as a comic book creator. He is known primarily for his Vertigo Comics series DMZ and his runs on various X-Men titles. He got his start in comics with Channel Zero before later working on Generation X with Warren Ellis as part of the Ellis' Counter-X run. Wood returned to writing creator-owned series, including Demo, Local, The Couriers, DMZ and Northlanders. In 2012, Wood returned to writing for Marvel, starting a run on Ultimate X-Men, as well as relaunching X-Men. He also did the Queen of the Black Coast Conan storyline for Dark Horse.
- The Couriers
- Moon Knight
- The New York Four
Tropes associated with Brian Wood's work:
- Author Appeal: Strong women.
- Big Applesauce: A large number of his work is set in New York.
- Bittersweet Ending: More often than not.
- Mohs Scale of Science Fiction Hardness: Tends to be either Speculative Science or Fiction in Genre Only.
- Sliding Scale of Realistic Versus Fantastic: Tends to slide towards realistic.