Jaebeom Brian Takata (高田 ゼボム; born March 15, 1977 in Okinawa), better known by his stage name Brian Tee, is a Korean Japanese-American actor. He has largely excelled in supporting and villainous roles in film, television and videogames. Recently he's become something of a rising star with roles in blockbusters such as The Wolverine, No Tears for the Dead, and Jurassic World. He also played the iconic Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
- 2002 We Were Soldiers as PFC. Jimmy Nakayama
- 2002 Austin Powers in Goldmember as Japanese Pedestrian
- 2004 Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation as Cpl. Thom Kobe
- 2005 Fun with Dick and Jane as Sushi Chef
- 2006 The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift as Takashi 'D.K.'
- 2013 The Wolverine as Noburo Mori
- 2014 No Tears for the Dead as Chaoz
- 2015 Jurassic World as Katashi Hamada
- 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows as The Shredder/Oroku Saki
Live-Action Television Roles
- 2005-06 Zoey 101 as Kazu
- 2007 Grey's Anatomy as Andy
- 2011-12 Grimm as Akira Kimura
- 2014 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Toshiro Mori
- 2015-Present: One Chicago as Ethan Choi
Video Game Roles
- 2008 Saints Row 2 as Jyunichi
- 2021 Star Wars: Visions ("The Duel") as the Ronin
Web Video Roles
- 2013 Mortal Kombat: Legacy as Liu Kang
This actor provides examples of:
- Non-Specifically Foreign: Adopted the stage name "Brian Tee" as this after he was rejected by a Korean director at an audition for having a Japanese last name.
- Surprisingly Good Foreign Language: Often breaks out into Japanese and Korean dialogue in his roles.
- Zainichi Korean: His mother is Zainichi Korean, and his father is Japanese-American.