Brett Patrick Dalton (born January 7, 1983) is an American actor.
Dalton is perhaps best known for playing Agent Grant Ward on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., a role he played for three years. After a year hiatus, he returned to the character for the show's HYDRA arc in season four.
- Blue Bloods (2012) as Phillip Gibson
- Army Wives (2012) as Beach Runner
- Killing Lincoln (2013) as Robert Todd Lincoln
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013 — 2016, 2017) as Grant Ward & Hive
- Until Dawn (2015) as Michael Munroe (voice)
- Robot Chicken (2015) as Doctor Manhattan note
- Milo Murphy's Law (2016) as Brick (voice)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow as Rudy Jones/Parasite (voice)
He provides examples of:
- He Really Can Act: One of the major criticisms of the first season of Agents of SHIELD was how bland and bordering on Dull Surprise Ward was. It turns out that it was a fake-out, and Dalton is much more charismatic after the reveal that he's a Hydra agent.
- Mr. Fanservice:
- He's had the most shirtless scenes out of all the cast on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., showing off a toned physique. He's said, however, that he doesn't normally look like that and those scenes are planned well in advance so that he can work out in preparation.
- He was also featured in a People magazine spread due to female viewers liking his Tall, Dark, and Handsome looks.
- Pungeon Master: He certainly enjoys making puns on Twitter, especially when live-tweeting during an episode of AOS.