Brandon Allan Hardesty (born April 13, 1987 in Baltimore, Maryland) is Youtube celebrity and actor. In 2006, he started doing reenactments of famous scenes from movies such as Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, A Few Good Men, Ocean's Eleven (2001), Clerks, Full Metal Jacket, Twilight, The Princess Bride, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Pan's Labyrinth, and many more. In these videos, he would play all the characters very convincingly and the videos has since then earned him a huge fanbase.
In 2007, he landed a role in the independent film Bart Got A Room and later would have roles in American Pie Presents The Book Of Love, Bucky Larson Born To Be A Star and even the live action role of Eric Cartman in the South Park episode "I Should Have Never Gone Zip-lining."
He is now doing low budget indie films and straight to DVD films.
He has made a documentary series on Youtube called "No Small Parts" which is about little known character actors. So far, he has done episodes on Anne Ramsey, Scatman Crothers, Vincent Schiavelli, Warwick Davis, Michael Jeter, Linda Hunt, Geoffrey Holder, Richard Kiel, Crispin Glover, actors from The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and many more.
Crispin Glover also sent him a tweet and said that Brandon made a few mistakes.
Tropes associated with Brandon Hardesty:
- Abusive Parents: His character Mark the Pedophile is playing with a Rubix's cube at the end and he can't solve the puzzle. He then breaks down and screams "Daddy never loved me!"
- Ambiguously Jewish: He even puts on a Jewish accent for characters.
(singing) Whenever you are downAnd feeling any blueCome on in and see my little room.
- Jonathan Wesley Bridges:
Remember, whenever there's me, there's news.
- Jimmy Jango:
- Evil Brit: His character Jonathan Wesley Bridges. Or at least he thinks he is one.
- Fake Brit: Jonathan.
- Manchild: Jonathan.
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Being American, his English accent isn't the greatest. But he's learning what with his Monty Python and the Holy Grail reenactments.
- Talking to Himself: All the characters in his reenactments are played by him.
- Literally done in the Jimmy Jango videos.