William Thomas "Bill" Hader, Jr. (born June 7, 1978), better known as Bill Hader, is an American actor, voice actor, comedian and writer. He is best known for his work on the variety show Saturday Night Live, his collaborations with Seth Rogen and Disney, being writer on South Park, and motion pictures like The Skeleton Twins and Trainwreck.
Born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma, he attended Scottsdale Community College and joined the cast of SNL on 2005. He fulfilled the role of "the impressions master" during eight seasons and left the show on 2013.
From 2006 to 2018, he was married to director Maggie Carey, with whom he has three daughters.
- Hot Rod
- Knocked Up
- Pineapple Express
- Tropic Thunder
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- The Skeleton Twins
- The Angry Birds Movie
- Sausage Party
- It: Chapter Two
Tropes associated with Bill Hader include:
- Actor Allusion: Bill Hader starred in Sausage Party where he said "Fuck me right." He also starred in Superbad where the line is also said. (However its Jonah Hill who says the line.)
- Corpsing: Famous for doing this on SNL, especially in the "Californians" and "Scared Straight" sketches, and as Stefon on "Weekend Update". John Mulaney would often change Hader's lines on the teleprompter at the last minute to get him to break character and laugh.
- Limited Wardrobe: Fans on Tumblr affectionately mock his frequent plaid shirts, tan pants, and New Balances.
- Man of a Thousand Voices : Particularly when he's a voice actor his talent with voices shines through his live action performances.