Bert Ira Gordon (born September 24, 1922) is an American B-Movie director probably best known as "The King of the Giant Monster Movie", alongside his wife Flora, from 1955-1990. Gordon is still alive and living in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Eight of his 21 films ended up on Mystery Science Theater 3000; the most from any one director.
Films by Bert I. Gordon include the following: those featured in MST3K are labelled.
- The Amazing Colossal Man and War of the Colossal Beast (MST3K)
- Attack of the Puppet People (Not done on Mystery Science Theater 3000, but was later done on Rifftrax)
- Beginning of the End (MST3K)
- The Cyclops (MST3K)
- Earth vs. the Spider (MST3K)
- The Food of the Gods (MST3K)
- King Dinosaur (MST3K)
- The Magic Sword (MST3K)
- Tormented (MST3K)
- Village of the Giants (MST3K)
Gordon's films provide examples of:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever
- Nuclear Nasty
- Significant Monogram: His initials spell out B.I.G, appropriate for someone who specializes in giant monster movies. Bert was well aware of this an exploited it every chance he got.
- So Bad, It's Good
- Special Effects Failure: Particularly his use of using live creepy crawlies blown up to massive size via rear projection. The best example in Beginning of the End has a grasshopper basically falling off a postcard.