Benjamín Vicuña is a Chilean actor, who has worked in both Chile and Argentina. He started as theatre and Telenovela
actor to later being part of various movies, series and big productions in both countries, becoming part of Argentinian productions since The New '10s
. He's actually married with the Argentinian actress Eugenia Suarez
, who even made varios productions together.
To know more of him, here's his article in The Other Wiki and his profile in IMDB.
Productions from Chile
- Vivir al día
- Destinos Cruzados
- Los simuladores (Chilean adaptation)
- Huaiquimán y Tolosa
- Héroes (as Manuel Rodriguez, one of Chilean national heroes)
- Los Archivos del Cardenal
- Por fin solos
- Un diablo con ángel
- Dawson. Isla 10
- Grado 3
- Promedio Rojo
Productions from Argentina
Tropes associated with Benjamín Vicuña
- The Casanova: A common paper in various of his works, but also this is seen in his real life due to his scandals with women (mostly for infidelity.)
- Hero Protagonist: Benjamín made various protagonists in the series he worked, but in some of them was The Hero, like in Héroes (being one of national heroes, Manuel Rodriguez) and Huaiquimán y Tolosa (being the rookie cool cop Richard Tolosa), as other roles.
- Mrs. Robinson: In Destinos Cruzados, his character felt in love (and even made explicit sex scenes) with older actress Gloria Munchmayer.
- Product Placement: He was the face of the Chilean department store chain "Paris" during 10 years.
- Those Two Actors: With Daniel Muñoz, mostly thanks to the Buddy Cop Show Huaiquimán y Tolosa with a great chemistry on-screen and with the series becoming a Cult Classic. Several years later, they will come back in the telenovela Un diablo con ángel with the main roles, with less success but with the same chemistry.