Benjamin George Bratt (born December 16, 1963 in San Francisco, California) is an American actor. He rose to fame with his role as Det. Reynaldo "Rey" Curtis in the acclaimed Police Procedural series Law & Order and has appeared in several works since.
- Demolition Man
- Clear and Present Danger
- The River Wild
- Red Planet
- Miss Congeniality
- The Woodsman
- Catwoman (2004)
- The Great Raid
- Love in the Time of Cholera
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Despicable Me 2
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
- Justice League: Gods and Monsters
- Ride Along 2
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- The Infiltrator
- A Score to Settle
- Law & Order
- Homicide: Life on the Street
- The Andromeda Strain
- Modern Family
- Private Practice
- 24: Live Another Day
- Lee Daniels' Star
- Ambiguously Brown: He got it from his mother, who was from Peru and is part of the Quechua group. This feature allows him to play non-Caucasian characters easily, with Latinos being the most common.
- Fair Cop: Has played Tall, Dark, and Handsome detectives, CIA and FBI Agents.
- Hospital Hottie: Has played Tall, Dark, and Handsome doctors quite a number of times.
- Mr. Fanservice: His Shirtless Scene in 24: Live Another Day shows that he can still pull this off in his fifties.
- Plays Great Ethnics: His Ambiguously Brown appearance has allowed him to play characters with different ethnicity.
- Romance on the Set: Met his wife Talisa Soto while filming Pinero.
- Star-Making Role: He rose to fame when he played Det. Rey Curtis in Law & Order.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: He stands 6'2, so this automatically applies to his characters.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: In addition to the above, his characters tend to to have a snarky side.
- Those Two Actors: He co-starred with Sandra Bullock in both Demolition Man and Miss Congeniality.
- Typecasting: He tend to get cast as a public servant. Law enforcers are the most common, followed by doctors. He is also often cast as seemingly helpful characters who turn out to not be as helpful as they initially seem.