Asylum Visual Effects was an American/British based effects studio established in 2000. They disbanded in 2011 due to Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, as explained here. Their last project, This Means War, was released posthumously.
Not to be confused with either The Asylum Emporium, Arkham Asylum or The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls. And definitely was not associated with The Asylum. A more complete filmography can be found here.
Asylum's credits included:
- 13 Going on 30
- The Amityville Horror (2005)
- Bad Boys II
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Opening sequence)
- CSI: Miami (First episode and titles)
- Coyote Ugly
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Freddy vs. Jason
- Get Smart
- Hairspray (Main titles, 2007 film)
- The Island
- Like Mike
- Minority Report
- Kangaroo Jack
- Sky High (2005)
- This Means War
- Transformers (Including the teaser trailer)
- Tropic Thunder
- The Tuxedo
- The Unborn (Remake)
- Without a Trace
- X2: X-Men United (First Known project)
Tropes for this company:
- Name's the Same: As mentioned above.
- What Could Have Been: As the article explains, other companies wanted to buy them out due to their situation.