Arrowstorm Entertainment is an independent film studio founded by producers Jason Faller and Kynan Griffin in 2011. They specialize in ambitious yet low budget films, usually in the fantasy and sci-fi genre. Horror is also tackled, though it's not the company's preference. As the studio is based in Utah, many of their films tend to be filmed there.
Arrowstorm is known for taking their projects to Kickstarter. However, these campaigns are for post-production funds, namely digital effects work. Backers who pledge money can get a variety of rewards, including a copy of the finished film (either on a digital format or an exclusive DVD/Blu-ray), the movie's soundtrack and poster, and if they donate enough, their names can be in the credits. Arrowstorm uses Kickstarter more as a promotional tool for their titles and they have earned great success with that approach.
Unlike most indie genre studios, Arrowstorm doesn't distribute their own content. Instead, they work with film sales agents to achieve worldwide distribution deals at the major film markets. This includes domestic home media and TV rights with independent acquisition companies. Because of this, many Arrowstorm titles go straight to video and not just in the US. Still, they make a huge profit from TV and foreign revenue due to the demand for fantasy/sci-fi films.
You can check out their website here.
List of films:
- Pride & Prejudice: A Latter-Day Comedy (2003)
- Moving McAllister (2007)
- Dragon Hunter (2008)
- Vamp U (2011)
- Orcs! (2011)note
- Paladin: Dawn of the Dragonslayer (2011)
- Osombie (2012)
- The Crown and the Dragon: The Paladin Cycle (2013)
- SAGA: Curse of the Shadow (2013)
- Orc Wars (2013)
- Zombie Hunter (2013)
- Survivor (2014)
- The Christmas Dragon (2014)
- Mythica series:
- Mythica: A Quest for Heroes (2014)
- Mythica: The Darkspore (2015)
- Mythica: The Necromancer (2015)
- Mythica: The Iron Crown (2016)
- Mythica: The Godslayer (2016)
- Cyborg X (2016)
- We All Fall Down (2016)
- Magellan (2017)
- 626 Evolution (2017)
- The Appearance (2018)
- Colonizer (in development)
- Bigfoot vs Nazis (in development)
- Redcoat (in development)
- A Place of Only Sky (in development)
- Epic Mysteries: Bigfoot (2015) (TV pilot)
- Haunted Travels (2016) (TV pilot)
- The Outpost (2018) (TV series)
Tropes Associated with Arrowstorm Entertainment:
- Action Girl: Usually as the protagonist, portrayed by either Danielle Chuchran or Melanie Stone.
- Digital Piracy Is Okay: Arrowstorm doesn't really mind that their films are being illegally downloaded. In fact, they even linked a pirated version of Orc Wars on their Patreon account as an example of the potential digital distribution can have on indies.
- Fantasy Counterpart Studio: to Full Moon Features.
- High Fantasy: A staple genre of theirs.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Let's say that the company is obsessed with dragons. You're bound to find at least one in many of their fantasy films.
- Market-Based Title: This tends to happen to their films. Distributors often take the more marketable title (i.e. ones with dragon in it) regardless of the accuracy.
- SAGA: Curse of the Shadow was renamed Curse of the Dragon Slayer for the US. It also went by the title Rise of the Shadow Warrior in the UK.
- Orc Wars became Dragonfyre: The Worldsgate Sentinel, also in the US.
- Mythica: The Godslayer became Mythica: The Dragonslayer in the UK.