Anthony Howell, birth name Anthony Matthew Howell, is a British actor, born on June 27 1971 in the Lake District, England. He trained to be an actor at the Drama Centre in North London and his acting debut came when he began a world tour with Robert Lepage's stage play The Geometry of Miracles.
He subsequently starred in the BBC four-part series Wives and Daughters before joining the Royal Shakespeare Company season in Stratford-Upon-Avon. There, he took major roles in the three main plays of that season: Orlando in As You Like It, Benvolio in Romeo and Juliet and Antipholous of Ephesus in The Comedy of Errors.
Howell is perhaps best known for his starring role as Sgt. Paul Milner in the TV series Foyle's War (2002). In 2005, he acted in Kevin Elyot's adaptation of Agatha Christie's play, And Then There Were None, at the Gielgud Theatre in London, England.
Anthony Howell appeared in (selected roles):
- Dracula (2013) as Lord Laurent
- Mr Selfridge (2013) as Jean Neuhaus
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (2014) as Victor Belmont Note
- Alien: Isolation (2014) as Samuels
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014) as Grand Duke Gaspard de Chalons, Knight-Captain Rylen
- SOMA (2015) as Johan Ross
- Crossing Lines (2015) as Nigel St. Clair
- You, Me and the Apocalypse (2015) as Father Christophe
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (2016) as Arch Magos Cambrius
- Horizon Zero Dawn (2017) as Bahavas, Dervahl
- Vampyr (2018) as Dr. Jonathan Reid
- Call of Cthulhu: The Official Video Game (2018) as Edward Pierce
- Anthem (2019) (2019) as The Monitor
- Observation (2019) as S.A.M.
- Diablo 4 (TBA) as Rathma