Anna Charmichael Torv (born 7 June 1979 in Melbourne, Australia) is an Australian actress known for her starring role as FBI agent Olivia Dunham on the Fox television series Fringe.
- 2003 Hamlet as Ophelia
- 2004 McLeod's Daughters as Jasmine McLeod
- 2005 The Cherry Orchard as Anya
- 2006 The Book of Revelation as Bridget/The Leading Hooded Woman
- 2007 and 2014 Heavenly Sword as Nariko
- 2010 The Pacific as Virginia Grey
- 2008-2013 Fringe as Olivia Dunham/Alternate Olivia Dunham/William Bell
- 2015 Deadline Gallipoli as Gwendoline Churchill
- 2016-2019 Secret City as Harriet Dunkley
- 2017-2019 Mindhunter as Dr. Wendy Carr
- 2021- The Newsreader as Helen Norville
- 2023 The Last of Us as Tess
- Acting for Two:
- Fake American: As Olivia Dunham, Virginia Grey, Dr. Wendy Carr and Tess.
- Ms. Fanservice: She frequently disrobes in her films or/and shows.
- One-Hit Wonder: Unlike other female leads on J.J Abrams shows, Anna Torv isn't really known for anything else in the United States besides Fringe, although she has had her profile elevated quite a bit as a result of her work in Mindhunter. Her recent Australian work has got her a big profile there - she won Logie Awards (the Australian equivalent of an Emmy) for Secret City and The Newsreader.
- She also appears as Tess in the highly-anticipated The Last of Us HBO series.
- Romance on the Set: She was married to her Fringe on-screen partner Mark Valley for a year.
- Shakespearean Actors: She starred as Ophelia in Hamlet for Bell Shakespeare in the 2003 season.
- Star-Making Role: As Olivia Dunham in Fringe, a role that won her the Saturn Award for Best Actress in Television a record-whooping four times.