Ana Celia de Armas Caso (born 30 April 1988) is a Cuban-Spanish actress.
After studying acting in Cuba, she moved to Spain, where she started her professional career. Her first major role was in the Spanish TV show El internado in 2007, at 19 years old. Eventually, she moved to the United States in 2013 to work in Holywood.
She's best known internationally for her roles as Bel in Knock Knock, holographic girlfriend Joi in Blade Runner 2049, and Marta Cabrera in Knives Out. She is set to appear in the 25th James Bond film, No Time to Die.
- Knock Knock (2015) as Bel
- Hands of Stone (2016) as Felicidad
- War Dogs (2016) as Iz
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017) as Joi
- Yesterday (2019) as Roxanne (Deleted Scenes)
- Knives Out (2019) as Marta Cabrera
- Sergio (2020, Netflix)
- No Time to Die (2021) as Paloma
- Blonde (2021, Netflix) as Marilyn Monroe
- Deep Water (TBA)
TV series with pages on TV Tropes:
- Ambiguously Brown: She's been cast as a Spaniard, a Dominican woman, Marilyn Monroe... and so forth. Funnily enough, this is a crucial plot point in Knives Out, with the bigoted Thrombeys never bothering to work out where she's from.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: She's cast as a lot of pure-hearted heroines (as in Knives Out). Given her big, beautiful eyes and overall loveliness, it's very easy to see why.
- Dye Hard: She often dyes her naturally brown hair blonde. However, she does have films in which she appears as a brunette.
- Playing Against Type:
- Her roles almost always have some sort of Ms. Fanservice, but in Knives Out she gets to play a Chaste Heroine.
- No Time to Die turns her into an Action Girl.
- Most of her roles are as pure-hearted heroines, as listed above. However, in Knock Knock she plays one of two young women who rape the main character.
- Romance on the Set: She began dating Ben Affleck on the set of the Adrian Lyne film Deep Water.
- Typecasting: She has her agent refuses script where she'd be a Spicy Latina because she doesn't want this to happen and she views it as a stereotype. She almost didn't read for Knives Out when Marta was initially described as one.
- What Could Have Been: She read for the part of Selina Kyle in The Batman before Zoë Kravitz was cast.