Amelie C. Langlois is a Canadian author of surreal and macabre horror stories, usually featuring occult or otherworldly themes.
Her works include:
- The Sister Verse and the Talons of Ruin
- The Sister Verse and the Devouring Glass
- The Sister Verse and the Crown of Eyes
- The Sister Verse and the Throne of Void
- BREACH: Paranormal Defense
- I Got a Hole in the Universe for Christmas
- Project Atlas
- Something Is Eating Our Reality
- Terminal Velocity
- Bermuda Irons
- Something Pretended to be my Penguin
All of her books and short stories can be found on her website.
Tropes present in works by Amelie C. Langlois:
- Cosmic Horror Story: Almost every story falls within this category, usually involving extradimensional creatures that completely overwhelm the human characters.
- Eldritch Abomination: These are usually the villains.
- Gorn: Every death is Cruel and Unusual, and theres a whole lot of death.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Nobody gets a happy ending, and their efforts are symbolic at the very best.
- Surreal Horror: Most stories read like a fever dream thanks to their bizarre and hallucinatory circumstances.
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Characters are driven insane by forces beyond their comprehension, and typically hallucinate a good deal of what happens to them.
- Trauma Conga Line: The answer to what happens next? is usually the worst possible thing.