Alyson Stephanie Court (born November 9, 1973 in Toronto, Ontario) is a Canadian actress and voice actress.
Her light, upbeat, somewhat spunky voice (her normal speaking voice is a bit more subdued) has earned her numerous roles as girls and young women in various cartoons and video games. She is best known as the original voice of Claire Redfield in the Resident Evil series. She started out as a child actress; she appeared in the Sesame Street movie Follow That Bird and was a regular on Mr. Dressup, and she also played the voice of a young girl in the second Care Bears movie. She continued to lend her voice to several animated series, including Lydia in Beetlejuice and Jubilee in the '90s X-Men animated series. In front of the camera, she's best known as Loonette the Clown in the kids' series The Big Comfy Couch, and she still does appearances as the character for various children's charities. She also reprised her role as Loonette on a 2016 episode of This Hour Has 22 Minutes to talk about the infamous worldwide clown sightings. Her talent for voice acting has also earned her a spot as the voice director for shows like The Magic School Bus Rides Again and Cupcake & Dino: General Services.
She was once married to former Capcom voice and video game localization director Erik Suzuki, but they have since divorced.
Some trivia for fans of Mega Man X: Alyson was the translator for the fifth game, deciding to change the names of the eight Maverick bosses to Guns N' Roses nods in the localization at Suzuki's suggestion. She's well aware of the infamous controversy over the decision, but defends her choices.
Notable roles include:
- Arkayna Goodfey in Mysticons
- Aqune and Portia in Spider Riders
- As Herself in Get Set For Life and Mr. Dressup
- Bella in Tweenies (American dub)
- Claire Redfield in the Resident Evil series (pretty much every appearance of the character except for one or two live-action shorts, Revelations 2, and the remake of Resident Evil 2)
- Coco in Urban Vermin
- Dahlia in Skyland
- Dawn in Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation
- Emily Elizabeth in Clifford the Big Red Dog 80's direct-to-video releases
- Island Princess in The Noddy Shop
- Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee in X-Men
- Lara in Willa's Wild Life
- Loonette the Clown in The Big Comfy Couch and one episode of This Hour Has 22 Minutes
- Lydia Deetz in Beetlejuice
- Malani in Ewoks season 1
- Melanie in My Pet Monster
- Meena the Butterfly in Franny's Feet
- Megan Clark in The Amazing Spiez
- Mira Fermin and Dan's mother in Bakugan
- Myrtle in Redwall
- Nora Mouse in Timothy Goes to School
- Poodle in Almost Naked Animals
- Queen Martha in Mike the Knight
- Ruthie in Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird
- Terri Cloth, Belle Button, and Fay Hooray in the Garbage Pail Kids series
- Trina Riffin in Grojband
- Veronica Lodge in The New Archies