Alison Brie Schermerhorn (born December 29, 1982 in Hollywood, California), is an American actress best known for roles in Community and Mad Men. In so doing, she shows her substantial range, playing characters who are polar opposites of each other (a fragile nerdy teenager/young adult in the former and a reasonably strong-willed—if shielded and at times oblivious note —sophisticate in her early 30s in the latter) at the same time.
She married Dave Franco in 2017.
- Mad Men (2007 — 2015) as Gertrude "Trudy" Campbell
- Community (2009 — 2015) as Annie Edison
- Scream 4 (2011) as Rebecca Walters
- NTSF:SD:SUV:: (2012) as Joanie, episode "Sabbath-tage"
- The LEGO Movie (2014) as Unikitty (voice only)
- Bojack Horseman (2014 — 2020) as Diane Nguyen (voice only)
- Avengers Academy (2016) as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow (voice only)
- GLOW (2017 — present) as Ruth Wilder
- The Little Hours (2017) as Alessandra
- Horse Girl (2020) as Sarah (which she also wrote)
- Promising Young Woman (2020) as Madison
- Adaptational Nationality: In the ITV miniseries Doctor Thorne, set and filmed in England, she plays an American - who in the original book is Australian.
- The Cutie: A common role for her, although often with a bit of a dark side.
- Hidden Depths: She can freestyle rap. Really well.
- Ms. Fanservice: In Community. Also wound up featuring in many photospreads, and starred in an online series called Hot Sluts. Post-Community, Brie has taken a number of sexually provocative film roles in movies such as Get Hard and Sleeping with Other People, both of which feature Brie in sexy lingerie. This is extended even further in GLOW (2017), which features her in nudity and sex scenes.