Alison Brie Schermerhorn (born December 29, 1982 in Hollywood, California) is an American actor best known for her roles on Community and Mad Men. In so doing, she shows her substantial range, playing characters who are polar opposites of each other (a fragile nerdy teenager/young adult in the former and a reasonably strong-willed—if shielded and at times oblivious note —sophisticate in her early 30s in the latter) at the same time.
She married Dave Franco in 2017.
- Scream 4 (2011): Rebecca Walters
- The Five-Year Engagement (2012): Suzie Barnes-Eilhauer
- The Kings of Summer (2013): Heather
- The LEGO Movie (2014): Unikitty (voice)
- Get Hard (2015): Alissa
- Get a Job (2016): Tanya Sellers
- The Disaster Artist (2017): Amber
- The Little Hours (2017): Alessandra
- The Post (2017): Lally Graham
- Horse Girl (2020): Sarah (also co-writer)
- The Rental (2020): Michelle
- Promising Young Woman (2020): Madison
- Happiest Season (2020): Sloane
- Hannah Montana (2006): Nina (episode: "It's My Party and I'll Lie If I Want To")
- Mad Men (200715): Gertrude "Trudy" Campbell
- Community (200915): Annie Edison
- NTSF:SD:SUV:: (2012): Joanie (episode: "Sabbath-tage")
- Bojack Horseman (201420): Diane Nguyen (voice)
- Dr. Ken (2017): Herself (episode: "Ken's Big Audition")
- GLOW (20172020): Ruth Wilder / "Zoya the Destroya"
- Drunk History (2019): Thea Spyer (episode: "Love")
- Adaptational Nationality: In the ITV miniseries Doctor Thorne, set and filmed in England, she plays an American - who in the original book is Australian.
- The Cutie: A common role for her, although often with a bit of a dark side.
- Hidden Depths: She can freestyle rap. Really well.
- Ms. Fanservice: In Community. Also wound up featuring in many photospreads, and starred in an online series called Hot Sluts. Post-Community, Brie has taken a number of sexually provocative film roles in movies such as Get Hard and Sleeping with Other People, both of which feature Brie in sexy lingerie. This is extended even further in GLOW (2017), which features her in nudity and sex scenes.