Alicia Amanda Vikander (born 3 October 1988 in Gothenburg, Sweden) is a Swedish actress.
She's been married to Michael Fassbender since 2017.
- Pure (2009) - Katarina
- Anna Karenina (2012) - Princess Kitty
- A Royal Affair (2012) - Caroline Mathilde
- The Fifth Estate (2013) - Anke Domscheit-Berg
- Testament of Youth (2014) - Vera Brittain
- Seventh Son (2015) - Alice Deane
- Ex Machina (2015) - Ava
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015) - Gaby Teller
- The Danish Girl (2015) - Gerda Wegener; Academy Award winner for Best Supporting Actress.
- Tulip Fever (2016) - Sophia
- The Light Between Oceans (2016) - Isabel Sherbourne
- Jason Bourne (2016) - Heather Lee
- Tomb Raider (2018) - Lara Croft
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (2019) - Mira
- Untitled Tomb Raider sequel (2021)
This actress provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Vikander has dark hair and olive skin, and says that during The Danish Girl, people had a hard time believing she was actually Swedish.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She put on a good bit of muscle for Tomb Raider.
- Fake Nationality: She plays a Brit in Testament of Youth, A Royal Affair (although in the latter she speaks Danish for most of it) and Tomb Raider, a Dane in The Danish Girl, a German in The Man from U.N.C.L.E., and an American in Jason Bourne.
- Ms. Fanservice: She has a propensity for getting naked on film.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Her Swedish accent slips out frequently as she plays American Heather Lee in Jason Bourne.
- Romance on the Set: With Michael Fassbender. They met and fell in love on the set of The Light Between Oceans, and they've since gotten married.
- What Could Have Been: She screen-tested for the role of Selina Kyle in The Batman before the casting of Zoë Kravitz.