Outside localisations of video games, he's been involved in translating Japanese novels and various academic work.
He has been involved in the translation of the following:
- Winter Heat
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Chocobo's Dungeon 2
- Front Mission 3
- Vagrant Story
- Parasite Eve 2
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy X
- Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Final Fantasy XII
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Tactics Ogre PSP
- Brave Story (both the novel and the New Traveler PSP game)
- ICO, the novel
His translations tend to insert the following:
- Gratuitous Iambic Pentameter: He is a student of older literature after all.
- Magick: A big proponent of this trope.
- Purple Prose: Goes with being a student of old literature and seeking to emulate their style.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: They're not just spellbooks anymore, they're now grimoires.