Alex Fong Chung-Sun (Born 方中信; 17 March 1963) is a Hong Kong actor and action star, best known for his numerous action movies from the 1990s.
Ever since Alex's graduation from Macao's Yuet Wah College, his career began as a model, until his film debut in 1986 in "Escape From Coral Sea". His role as Commander Fong in the Girls with Guns classic Iron Angels trilogy makes him a popular name among 90s B-grade action film enthusiasts, where he's proven to be versatile both as a hero and a villain.
Fong has been a representative of DOXA, a Macao-based series of watches ever since 2008.
As of 2020, Alex Fong has starred in over 120 films, numerous TVB Dramas, and isn't showing any signs of stopping just yet.
Tropes Associated With This Performer
- Badass Beard: Some of his roles have him with thick, bushy beards while kicking ass. If he's the villain of the picture, then it's also a Beard of Evil.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: In so many of his films.
- Cowboy Cop: Plays a few of these, especially in Forsaken Cop where he's the titular cop.
- Mr. Fanservice: Plenty of his earlier films, in fact in movies like Iron Angels and Lethal Panther where the cast are mostly ladies, Alex's presence in the film serves to attract female audiences to appeal to a wider demographic.
- Nice Guy: In various of his films.
- The One Guy: In the second and third Angel movies, where he stars alongside Moon Lee and Elaine Lui. Averted in the first movie, since Hideki Saijo is also part of the Angel team.