Alena Kostornaia is a Russian figure skater. She is the 2018-2019 season Junior Grand Prix final winner. She debuted as a senior in the 2019-2020 season.
She is well-known for her beautiful skating.
Kostornaia trains in Russia and was being coached by Eteri Tutberidze. She has now joined Evgeni Plushenko's team.
Tropes associated with Alena Kostornaia:
- Bilingual Bonus: Knows some English and has answered simple questions in the language.
- Fan Nickname: Alenka. Alena is also part of the '3A'. They are three girls who turned senior in the same year and are very strong competitors. These also include Anna Shcherbakova and Alexandra Trusova. Sometimes this is called 4A, when Alina Zagitova is included as well.
- Flame War: When she left Tutberidze it became a massive flame war in the figure skating community. It didn't help that her new coach entered the fray as well.
- 100% Adoration Rating: had this in her junior years. Even people who didn't like the Russian dominance in female figure skating usually said good things about her artistry. This has gone down when she became the dominant senior skater in her first year as a senior. There is now more criticism. Her moving coaches also didn't help, as it happened with a lot of drama.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Her first senior long program is a medley of Literature/Twilight songs.
- Power Trio: As part of the 3A.
- Took a Level in Badass: Alena has been known for her skating skills and the way she glides over the ice. When it came to jumps, she was behind some of her strongest competitors. And then she started jumping the Triple Axel.