Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (born 22 August 1967 in London, England) is an English actor and former model of Yoruba Nigerian descent.
With a deep voice and a large, imposing frame, he's often cast as a Scary Black Man, though he has branched out into other roles. His ability to speak other languages and his talent for accents mean he's often cast as a Nigerian, the nationality of his parents.
In 2018 he made his writing and directing debut with Farming, based on his own childhood raised by a white working class family in England.
- 1995 Congo as Kahega
- 1995 Ace Ventura When Nature Calls as Hitu
- 1998 Legionnaire as Luther
- 2001 The Mummy Returns as Lock-Nah
- 2002 The Bourne Identity as Nykwana Wombosi
- 2009 G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra as Heavy Duty
- 2010 Faster as The Evangelist
- 2011 Killer Elite as The Agent
- 2011 The Thing (2011) as Derek Jameson
- 2013 Bullet to the Head as Morel
- 2013 Thor: The Dark World as Algrim/Kurse
- 2014 Pompeii as Atticus
- 2015 Concussion as Dave Duerson
- 2016 Suicide Squad as Killer Croc
- 2018 Farming as Femi. Also wrote and directed.
- 2022 Marlowe as Cedric
- 1997–2000 Oz as Simon Adebisi
- 2005–2006 Lost as Mr. Eko
- 2015 Game of Thrones as Malko
- 2015 Major Lazer as Major Lazer/Evil Lazer (voice)
- 2017-2020 Tangled: The Series as Xavier the blacksmith (voice)
- 2020 Moominvalley as Hobgoblin (voice)
- 2021 Centaurworld as Johnny Teatime (voice)