This Sunday strip from Dec. 09 2012 details the premise in a nutshell.
Has NOTHING to do with Bonnie and Clyde.
It can be found here.
Tropes in this strip include:
- Casanova Wannabe: Duane Butkis who keeps trying (and failing) to get to first base with Ms. Foxx.
- Idiot Savant: The R&D team at Pillsbury Pharmaceuticals shows expert skills but lacks common sense much of the time.
- Meaningful Name: Duane Butkis.
- No Social Skills: The R&D team again.
- Odd Friendship: The titular pair, bordering on Vitriolic Best Buds.
- Rhetorical Request Blunder: Barney asks regarding his company's pill bottles, "Could we make it more difficult to open?" So they do.
- Sarcasm-Blind: The R&D team. Good thing they don't hear from Cynthia on a regular basis.
- Snark Knight: Barney's daughter (but not Lucretia's) Cynthia is quite sarcastic, to put it mildly.
- Ms. Foxx qualifies as well, regarding how she deals with Duane's advances.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Barney's Exact Words regarding his R&D team.
- Trophy Wife: Lucretia is Barney's second wife and she is quite glamorous.
- White Bunny: Clyde's Rabbit Adolf, whom he refers to by his "Stage Name", Fluffykins McNeedsahug.