XTNCT is a 2000 AD comic by Paul Cornell and D'Israeli.
In the far future, only two hundred humans are still alive on planet Earth, using genetically engineered animals to fight their wars for them. When a group of dinosaurs are slated for termination after failing a mission, they turn against their masters to wipe out the human race.
This comic provides examples of:
- Animal Religion: While he's hallucinating in a winter climate, Rex receives a vision from a dinosaur messiah to tell him that his quest to wipe out humanity is a holy mission.
- Dumb Dinos: The main characters are inversions, being genetically modified dinosaurs who were created to fight on behalf of their human owner. The dinosaurs revolt and turn against humanity, planning to wipe it out. Given that in the future Humans Are Bastards who have killed off most non-modified animal life and treat the modified animals like slaves, they're more-or-less the good guys.
- Evil Knockoff: Father creates a group of clones to fight the dinosaurs who have turned against him. This backfires when they just team up with their counterparts to take down Father together.
- Kill All Humans: The dinosaurs decide to wipe out all of the last remaining 200 humans to stop from using their kind as cannon fodder.
- Raptor Attack: Raptor is a programmed dinosaur with Super Speed who always talks in Leet Speak.
- Stock Dinosaurs: The heroes include a Tyrannosaurus Rex, a Raptor, and a Triceratops. The Pterosaur is a partial human hybrid though.
- Turned Against Their Masters: The last humans on the world, now living in bunkers, use various artificial creatures to fight their wars for them. After their creator orders them destroyed for failing him, they rise up to destroy humanity.
- Tyrannosaurus rex: The leader of the group of rogue dinosaur soldiers is a Tyrannosaurus Rex named Rex.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Humans use genetically engineered animals to fight their wars for them, and are able to discard or replace them just as easily.