X-Men 2099 is a comic book series published by Marvel Comics from 1993 to 1996 that chronicled the adventures of an X-Men team in the year 2099. It extends the Marvel 2099 imprint, which features other future versions of popular Marvel characters, such as Spider-Man 2099 and Hulk 2099. The series was written by John Francis Moore and largely pencilled by Ron Lim.
The X-Men 2099 series of mutants from the future Earth-928 who take on Professor Charles Xavier's dream to unite the mutants of the world. They are founded by Desert Ghost who finds and gathers the mutants to become the new incarnation of the X-Men.
- Alliterative Name: Henri Huang.
- Chrome Champion: Metalhead can turn his body into metal.
- Dem Bones: Using his powers makes Skullfire look like a glowing skeleton.
- Facial Markings: Sham has a sun over her right eye.
- Master of Illusion: Sham's power is to cast illusions.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Junkpile and La Lunatica's names have never been revealed.
- Overly Long Name: Metalhead's full name is Edward van Beethoven-Osako.
- Super Speed: Meanstreak is the 2099 X-Men resident speedster.
- Tattoo as Character Type: Serpentina has the tattoo of a snake running around her arms.