Hank Williamson is a retired war veteran who just came back from serving in Korea. Now all he wants is to come home to his daughter. Unfortunately for him, when he DOES get home, his daughter's nowhere to be found.
He does what any loving parent in his situation would do, and that's begin a search for her. It ultimately leads him to a forest known as Wendigo Wood, home to the mythical creature itself.
The comic was funded on Kickstarter on July 9th, 2018, and released on August 28th, 2018.
Wendigo Wood contains examples of:
- Adult Fear: Hank's daughter goes missing, and his search leads him to a Wendigo-infested forest.
- Alliterative Title: Wendigo Wood.
- Badass Moustache: Hank Williamson has a stache, and is undeterred in his hunt for his daughter.
- Batter Up!: Hank can be seen wielding a baseball bat.
- Canine Companion: Hank brings a dog along into the woods.
- Don't Go in the Woods: In this case, because it's inhabited by Wendigoes.
- Location Title: Zig-zagged. The forest is officially called "Whisper Wood", but someone crossed out "Whisper" and wrote "Wendigo" above it.
- Pop the Tires: While Hank is driving down a road into the woods, someone throws a spike strip across it, which pops his tires, causing his van to skid out of control into a tree.
- String Theory: In his search for his daughter, Hank has covered a wall with a large map, and newspaper clippings. Some of the clippings are connected by bits of string.
- Wendigo: Naturally, Wendigo Wood's full of them.