Jim O'donnell's father-in-law is killed by supervillain the Scorpion. Jim vows revenge, and takes on the guise of the Banshee to do so. After thwarting the Scorpion's plans, Jim continues his crimefighting career.
This comic contains examples of:
- Arch-Enemy: The Scorpion, killer of the Banshee's father in law and his only recurring foe.
- Arms Dealer: The Scorpion takes up this trade after escaping from prison in Fantastic Comics #22.
- HeelFace Turn: In V... Comics #2, Mr. Carron is a rich man who got his wealth dishonestly. In his old age, he has decided to confess and return the cash. The comic's plot concerns the Banshee stopping his former gang from preventing this.
- Mob War: Fantastic Comics #22 has the Banshee thwarting one between the Scorpion and a rival Arms Dealer.
- Protagonist Title
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: The first issue has the Banshee pursue the super villain who killed his father-in-law.
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax: The Big Bad of V... Comics #1 disguised himself as a ghostly abbot to frighten away anybody snooping on his smuggling business.
- The "The" Title