Sullivan's Sluggers is a Horror Comic Book by Mark Andrew Smith.
Casey Sullivan was once a baseball legend. But that all changed at the 1976 World Series, when a ball he caught dropped from his hand. Now, he's a jaded, washed-up Alcoholic whom his hometown despises, and coach to the Dragons.
When his team gets invited to play a game in some small town, he takes it, expecting it to be just another game. However, at the seventh inning stretch, the sun goes down, and the team discovers that the invitation was a trap so he and his team could be eaten alive by the town's monstrous inhabitants.
Now, the team needs to fight their way through a town of flesh-eating monsters and escape with their lives.
The comic was funded on Kickstarter on June 16th, 2012. It was released on January 8th, 2013.
Sullivan's Sluggers contains examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Casey Sullivan.
- Alliterative Title: Sullivan's Sluggers.
- Bar Brawl: Casey ends up getting his team involved in one following an altercation with someone who was insulting him.
- Batter Up!: Since they're a baseball team, of course Sullivan and his team mainly use baseball bats against the monsters.
- Chainsaw Good: A policeman wields a chainsaw against the monsters while protecting Casey and his team.
- Destination Defenestration: During the above-mentioned Bar Brawl, a couple of people (one of them being a member of Casey's team) end up thrown through a window.
- Funny Afro: One of the members of Casey's team has one.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: When someone in a bar insults Casey a little too much, Casey responds by breaking a bottle on his face.
- Katanas Are Just Better: One of the team finds a katana in a discarded duffle bag, and decides to use it to fight against the monsters.
- Never My Fault: Casey maintains that the reason he failed to catch that ball in '76 was because someone put Vaseline on his glove as a prank.
- Town with a Dark Secret: The town Casey and his team come to is one where the townspeople become flesh-eating monsters after sundown.