Simon Says: Nazi Hunter is a Comic Book by Andre R. Frattino.
The comic follows Simon Wiesenthal, a Jewish-Austrian artist and Holocaust survivor. He managed to avoid the gas chambers by showing his talents, and was employed by the Nazis to paint swastikas on train cars. After the war, he worked with the US Army to track down Nazis in West Germany. However, from there, he struck out on his own and devoted the rest of his life to tracking down and bringing Nazis to justice.
The comic was funded on Kickstarter on February 10th, 2017, and released on September 24th, 2019.
Simon Says: Nazi Hunter contains examples of:
- The '40s: The comic is set in 1946.
- Catapult Nightmare: Simon wakes up from a dream about Sarah this way.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The comic is portrayed mainly in black and white. The only exception is when red is used.
- Destination Defenestration: A Nazi is thrown through a window in one panel.
- Determinator: Simon refuses to let anything stop his quest to lock up every Nazi in the Reich, from being told not to because people are losing interest, to a lack of evidence to convict them.
- Dirty Cop: Erhardt Rohr, a former Nazi in the Reich, is a chief of police in Germany. He hasn't lost any of his sadism or disdain for Jewish people.
- Eye Scream: Simon uses his dead friend's lighter to burn a Nazi's eye.
- High-Class Glass: Erhardt Rohr wears a monocle.
- Human Ladder: In chapter 2, Simon has Bruno stand on a trash can, and then stands on Bruno's shoulders so he can see over a fence.
- The Lost Lenore: Sarah, Simon's wife, who was killed in the Holocaust by Bruno.
- Nazi Hunter: Simon, who dedicated his life to the cause after surviving The Holocaust.
- Playing Drunk: In one comic, Simon is seen passed out drunk in a bar. In reality, he was just pretending to draw attention away from him.
- Robbing the Dead: Simon accuses a Nazi of this when he sees he owns a lighter that belonged to a dead friend of Simon's named Luca.
- You Are Number 6: Simon has the numbers "054713" tattooed on his arm from his days as a Nazi prisoner.
- You Dirty Rat!: When Bruno is holding Simon up on his shoulders so Simon can look over a fence at some suspected Nazis, a rat comes along and bites Bruno's leg, causing him to drop Simon, blowing their cover.