"After being betrayed by the bears that raised him, the legendary Shirtless Bear-Fighter wanders the forest he's sworn to protect, fistfighting bears, eating flapjacks, and being the angriest man the world has ever known! When wild-eyed, super-strong bears attack the citizens of Major City, Shirtless ventures into the human world to do what he does best... PUNCH THOSE BEARS IN THE FACE! But all is not as it seems. Someone is manipulating Shirtless... and only by confronting the demons of his past can Shirtless hope to save his future! A heart-filled, hilarious, tall tale for the ages... you don't want to miss SHIRTLESS BEAR-FIGHTER!"
First published by Image Comics in 2017, the series comprises of five parts.
Shirtless Bear-Fighter! provides examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Agent Silva is easily distracted by cat videos.
- Badass Beard: Since the day he was born!
- Badass Grandpa: He's old enough to have fought in Vietnam, though he doesn't look it.
- Badass Normal: Fights bears IN THE NUDE!
- Berserk Button: Do NOT call his flapjacks pancakes, or ask him to wear clothing!
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The CEO of Fuzzy Wipes.
- Everybody Calls Him "Barkeep": Currently known only as "Shirtless Bear-Fighter".
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: He's shirtless, and he fights bears.
- Exact Words: When it's stated that he fights bears, he means it. This includes Teddy Bears, The Chicago Bears, and San Francisco Bears!
- Excited Show Title!: Excited Comic Book Title!
- Full-Frontal Assault: Fights entirely in the nude.
- Gag Penis: Extends nearly to his knees.
- Pixellation: Of Shirtless' penis.
- Rated M for Manly: Fights bears, has various bear related paraphernalia (including a cabin in the woods and what appears to be an SR-71 covered entirely in bear fur).
- Scary Black Man: Agent Burke.
- Scenery Censor: A few examples of people's heads or other objects covering up Shirtless Bear Fighter's penis.
- Testosterone Poisoning: Born with his beard and Gag Penis.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Flapjacks (don't call them pancakes) with maple syrup.
- Walking Shirtless Scene