A five-issue miniseries based on Samurai Jack that was published by IDW Publishing after the fifth season that aired on [adult swim] ended its run. It involves Jack experiencing alternate lives that differ greatly from his original life as a samurai determined to vanquish Aku. With every battle, he gains vague memories of how he lived before and tries to figure out what has happened.
- Alternate Continuity: The comic is a self-contained adventure that diverges drastically from the original cartoon and IDW's previously published comic continuation.
- Gainax Ending: The series ends with Jack switching lives once more, this time becoming a tiger.
- How We Got Here: The series begins with Jack inexplicably the leader of a futuristic biker gang and gradually develops to explaining how this change has happened as the series goes on.
- Lighter and Softer: The miniseries is noticeably less dark than the [adult swim] revival, and more in line with the first four seasons. There is no blood and Jack is back to only being seen destroying robotic enemies.
- President Evil: When Jack's life changes to him having an office job, he sees on the television at his home that Aku is running for President with a duplicate of himself being the only candidate running against him.
- The Reveal: Near the end of the series, it is revealed that the reason Jack's been changing lives is because he consulted a scientist named Professor Kots to let him use his Quantum Ray to go back in time and defeat Aku, not aware that the device is not a Time Machine.