Roleplayers is a comic book series about a group of geeky college students who play a game called "Damsels in Dungeons". Then they get the shock of their lives when two female students join their club! Hilarity Ensues.
Produced by a Singapore company called Irrational Comics, it is written and drawn by Ernie Chua. The first two issues can be read for free at their website.
Tropes featured In Roleplayers include:
- Big Damn Heroes: Both Cassie and Sallie get their moments. Unfortunately Sallie also ends up killing Elliot's character, since they were mad at each other.
- Black Mage: Elliot's character, Sharael, loves to use Fire Magic.
- Blood Knight: Ben's character, Barbie (a Barbarian) just likes to "kill sh_t".
- Catchphrase: "Suck it to the Max!"
- Combat Medic: Cassie's character, Cassandra, is a Cleric.
- Dungeon Crawling: Except it's imaginary of course.
- Fanservice: To be expected when male players create female characters. (The real female characters are more normal.)
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: This are Ben, Elliot and Mordecai's roles. Later Cassie and Sallie join as a Cleric and a Druid, respectively.
- Game Master: This is Wei's role.
- Game System: Pretty typical of tabletop RPGS, except it also includes stats for A & B (Ass and Breast size!)
- Girls Have Cooties: Partially subverted- the boys are happy to welcome the (attractive) Cassie to their group. But then she brings in the ill-tempered Sallie...
- In and Out of Character: Used to comedic effect.
- Mechanically Unusual Class: Wei allowed Elliot to play as a Succubus.
- Sourcebook: The comic features one, complete with illustrations.
- This Loser Is You: It takes an RPG fan to know how to mock them. However, despite the obvious stereotypes, the characters are shown as realistic persons, as well.