Before he became Robin and was still part of the League of Assassins, Damian was tasked to a test of character known as the Year of Blood. But now, after becoming Robin and literally experiencing death for some time, Damian is dead-set on becoming more worthy of his title as Robin and thus, goes on a worldwide trip to return the artifacts he had stolen during the Year of Blood.
Has little to do with the animated film this comic book shares a subtitle with apart from involving the offspring of Batman.
This comic book has examples of the following tropes:
- The Atoner: Damian is becoming this by returning the items he stole during the Year of Blood.
- Bat Family Crossover: The seventh issue of this title took part in the Robin War event while its eighth issue dealt with the aftermath.
- Breather Episode: Issue #8 can be considered one since it takes place after the events of Robin War and was basically Damian telling a story about one of his adventures to Alfred whilst in the middle of a haircut.
- Continuity Nod: Maya Ducard, a.k.a Nobody II, is after Damian after he killed her father back in the first issue of Batman and Robin in the New 52.
- Cool Pet: Damian's griffin, Goliath.
- Evil Matriarch: Talia al Guhl is one for Damian.
- Fat Bastard: The first issue has a fat ass king named Abush who captured Goliath and tried to make Damian his adopted son.
- HeelFace Turn: Maya Ducard, a.k.a. Nobody II, goes from hunting Damian in the name of revenge against him murdering her father, Nobody I, to joining him. She forgives him later on.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The Sons of Batman (deformed bastardized humongoloid clones of Damian) give up their lives to save him, Maya, and Goliath in Issue #5.
- Legacy Character: Robin...and Nobody.
- Shout-Out: When encountering the Sons of Batman, Maya namedrops the Island of Misfit Toys.
- Teeth Flying:
- In the first issue, Damian clobbers Abush, knocking most of his teeth out.◊
- Damian gets a case of this after Nobody II punches one of his teeth out. Turns out the tooth that she punched was a baby tooth.