Ramayan 3392 AD is an Indian comic book series created by Deepak Chopra and Shekhar Kapur, and originally published by Virgin Comics (it has since moved to Graphic India.) It is an epic based on the Ramayana.
In a distant future, after a nuclear war has drastically reshaped Earth and its inhabitants, the evil Ravan is making inroads on Aryavarta, the last bastion of free civilization. The only people who can stop him are the noble princes Rama and Lakshman and Seeta, who may be the messiah. Unfortunately, Rama has been exiled by his corrupt court, and Seeta has only recently come of age.
This series contains examples of:
- Adipose Rex: Khara, the de facto ruler of Panchvati, is a greedy, obese giant.
- After the End: The series takes place centuries after the Mahavinaash, a nuclear war that nearly wiped out all human civilization.
- Bald of Evil: Kaalnemi, the corrupt councilor to the late Maharaja, is bald and very evil. He's also secretly a Rakshasa in disguise.
- Humanoid Abomination: Ravan may look human, but his body is actually a mass of nanites called Yantras.
- Maou the Demon King: Ravan technically isn't a demon, but he serves the role as the leader of the Rakhshasha hordes in order to conquer Aryavarta.
- The Chosen One: Seeta has immense power over the earth.
- Wicked Stepmother: Kaikeyi, Rama and Lakshman's stepmother, is a cruel and greedy woman who arranges for Rama to be exiled so that her own son can move closer to the throne.
- Wretched Hive: Panchvita is a land with no official government, and thus has fallen under the control of a trio of Rakshasa siblings. Consequently, it is filled to the brim with criminals, and nearly everyone who lives there is in debt to one of the three siblings.