When an earthquake destroys a small town in the French Pyrenees, a bear escapes from a nearby circus and finds a small girl whose mother died in the quake. The bear takes the girl up into the mountains, where, with the help of a blind old eagle, he raises the girl as if she were his own child, naming her Pyrénée.
This graphic novel contains examples of:
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Pyrénée is completely nude for most of the book, but while she has nipples, she does not have visible genitalia.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Pyrénée's mother dies in the same earthquake that enables the bear to escape from the circus, meaning that nobody is looking for Pyrénée when the bear takes her up into the mountains.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Pyrénée spends most of the graphic novel completely nude. At one point, she dons a fur coat and boots in order to survive the winter, but she gets rid of them as soon as she can.
- Raised by Wolves: Pyrénée is raised by a bear and an old blind eagle.
- Wild Child: The titular character grows up with no contact with human civilization.