When an earthquake destroys a small town in the French Pyrenees, a bear escapes from a nearby circus and finds a small girl whose mother died in the quake.
The bear takes the girl up into the mountains, where, with the help of a blind old eagle, he raises the girl as if she were his own child, naming her Pyrénée.
This graphic novel contains examples of:
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Pyrénée is completely nude for most of the book, but while she has nipples, she does not have visible genitalia.
- Beary Funny: The bear is mostly seen as a big furry dope, but there's one scene where he and Pyrénée get into a serious argument and he only just manages to hold back from killing her.
- Bee Afraid: Pyrénée is chased into a stream by a swarm of bees when she tries to collect some honey for the bear who's raising her. She gets very badly stung since she doesn't even have clothes to protect her, but later rolls in some herbs to reduce the swelling.
- Bowdlerise: This comic might never see publication in English because the kid is starkers.
- Cave Behind the Falls: Pyrénée spends some time living with a wise old eagle in a cave behind a waterfall. The cave was once occupied by a human hermit, who left behind a cache of tinned food and some other interesting artifacts.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Pyrénée's mother dies in the same earthquake that enables the bear to escape from the circus, meaning that nobody is looking for Pyrénée when the bear takes her up into the mountains.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Pyrénée spends most of the graphic novel completely nude. At one point, she dons a fur coat and boots in order to survive the winter, but she gets rid of them as soon as she can.
- Parental Abandonment: Pyrénée is raised by a bear after her mother dies in an earthquake.
- Raised by Wolves: Pyrénée is raised by a bear and an old blind eagle.
- Waterfall Shower: Some publicity artwork shows Pyrénée showering beneath waterfalls. Not intended as Fanservice, because she's too young.
- Wild Child: The titular character grows up with no contact with human civilization.
- Wild Hair: Nude Pyrénée has voluminous waist-length red hair.