Postal is a comic book series created by Matt Hawkins, Bryan Hill, and Isaac Goodhart and published by Top Cow Productions through Image Comics.
The townsfolk of Eden, Wyoming wake up to the first official murder the town has seen in 25 years. Their reaction to this isnt normal, and theres a reason for that. Eden operates as a haven for fugitive criminals who remain here while new identities, often including facial reconstruction, are created for them. There is zero tolerance for any illegal activity that might draw attention to the town and an official murder is the last thing they want. A single, tight-knit family runs Eden with the youngest oddball son Mark Shiffron overseeing the postal branch, the only means of shipping in or out of the city. The FBI has repeatedly been foiled trying to insert an undercover here; they see Mark as the weak link to exploit. This murder gives them a new opportunity.
Postal provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Molly. Who is a total psychopath.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Mark seems to have Asperger Syndrome, though his detachment to emotion borders on psychopathic at times.
- Honey Trap: Maggie for Mark. Eventually Mark helps Maggie get out from being an informant from her sleazy FBI contact.
- The Ingenue: Mark, at first. As the series progresses, he becomes more and more assertive, to the point of going behind the Mayor's back and execute his own plans for the town's particular brand of justice.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: In a later arc, Molly, a new arrival to the town and daughter of the FBI director that is helping keep the town hidden from everyone else, is put in her place by Mark, after Molly beat up Maggie just for daring to talk to Mark.
- Outlaw Town: Eden, where everyone is a criminal, yes, that also includes the Sheriff.
- Sherlock Scan: Mark does this instinctively with everyone.
- The Sociopath: Molly is specifically described as such by Mark.