The character does later appear as his grown-up self in the pages of Drax by Marvel Comics.
The first six issues of Planet Terry's adventures have been republished in the Star Comics All-Star Collection series.
This comic book series provides examples of:
- The Alcatraz: The planetoid prison Alphatraz. Interestingly, nobody escapes because the prisoners have taken over the facility and made the guards their servants.
- Banana Peel: Planet Terry is about to step on one on the cover of the first issue.
- Big Bad: Vermin the Vile, who even at one time gets Terry to believe that he is Terry's father.
- The Big Guy: Omnus, who provides the muscle for Terry's team.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Planet Terry at one point, when he believed that he was Vermin the Vile's son, by a Hypno Ray.
- Domed City: The namesake city that Terry, Robota, and Omnus were sent to find so they could wake up Princess Ugly. The residents reveal that its actual name is the Doomed City. And true to its actual name, it ends up exploding after its residents as well as Terry, Robota, Omnus, and Princess Ugly flee the city.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: When Terry, Robota, and Omnus first find Princess Ugly, she's asleep in the manner of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Terry decides to kiss her in order to wake her up. She does wake up, but slaps Terry in the face for kissing her when she didn't even know him.
- Effective Knockoff: In terms of art style, at least: Terry and his world are clearly based on the look of Harvey Comics's characters.
- Game Show Appearance: Terry and his friends end up in a game show where they win a starship, but must go through a series of various arenas such as a pinball machine to reach the exit and win the key.
- In the Hood: The Hood, the final villain character Terry runs into, who turns out to be Vermin the Vile's actual son.
- I Owe You My Life: Omnus owes a debt of gratitude to Terry and Robota when they save him from carnivorous creatures in the river he fell into, and thus becomes Terry's companion.
- Ironic Name: Princess Ugly, who turns out to be beautiful.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Vermin the Vile pulls this on Terry, which gets Terry to question his true parentage for the last few issues of the series.
- Orphan's Ordeal: The whole main point of the series is Terry looking to find his parents, since he was accidentally launched into space by his father upon his birth. He comes close to reaching them on Alphatraz, only to be separated from them when they launch off from that place to escape it. Vermin the Vile at one point leads Terry into believing he is Terry's father, but that proves to be false when Vermin's real son, The Hood, is found.
- Punny Name: Planet Terry is a play on the word "planetary".
- Robot Girl: Robota, who provides the technical genius for Terry's team.
- Shout-Out: Sam Space, the galactic detective, is one for the classic private investigator Sam Spade.
- Tickle Torture: Terry and Omnus get tickled by a bunch of living plants, but Robota, who is immune to tickling, helps the two escape the plants by blasting them with her laser.