Once Upon a Caper (formerly Once Upon a Super Hero until legal disputes required a name change) is an independent comic book written by Rod Hannah and illustrated by John Amor and Paul Little. It follows Sovena Red, a Russian super-heroine approximately at the level of Superman, and how she deals with the fact that she's been 11 years old for a long time.
Issue #0 can be bought in paper and digital formats here.
Once Upon a Caper provides examples of:
- Almost Kiss: Played with within the story between Sovena and Phantom Kid.
- Complete Immortality: So far, it seems to be this in that Sovena is extremely hard to hurt and doesn't age.
- Glorious Mother Russia: When she was first empowered, Sovena was a symbol for the Soviet Union. She defected in 1973.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Sovena sports long golden locks and remains surprisingly innocent for being over 40 years old.
- Not Growing Up Sucks: Sovena has not aged since she first received her powers. Since she was 11 when she received her powers, almost 40 years ago, this is a matter of some angst for her.
- Use Your Head: Well, Sovena did promise to keep her hands behind her back...