Marvel Fairy Tales is a set of limited series published by Marvel Comics that adapts classic fairy tales, and places their own famous characters in the roles. So far, there have been three series: Spider-Man Fairy Tales, X-Men Fairy Tales, and The Avengers Fairy Tales. A series based on the Fantastic Four has been hinted at. The stories are written by C. B. Cebulski, and have a different artist for every story.
Here is a list of fairy tales adapted:
Spider-Man Fairy Tales:
- Little Red Riding Hood with Mary Jane as Red, Peter as the woodsman, Aunt May in the role of the grandmother, and a wolf that looks suspiciously like Venom.
- A tribute to the African folk stories of Anansi with Spidey as Anansi (naturally), and featuring elementals that are modeled after Hydro-Man, Sandman, Cyclone, and the Green Goblin.
- An original story in the style of a Japanese ghost story with Venom as a Tsuchigumo, and Vulture and Black Cat as Youkai.
- A gender-swapped version of "Cinderella" with Peter and Mary Jane as servants to a cruel knight Sir Norman Osborn, and Gwen Stacy as a princess that Peter woos in spider-patterned armor.
X-Men Fairy Tales:
- Momotaro with Cyclops as Momotaro, Professor X as the monk, Iceman as the dog, Beast as the monkey, Angel as the pheasant, Jean Grey as the monk's daughter, and Magneto, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch as the oni who captured Jean. Mystique, Pyro, and Avalanche also cameo as thieves who attack the monk.
- The Tortoise and the Eagle with Professor X as the Tortoise and Magneto as the Eagle.
- A story in the style of Grimm with Cyclops as a blind man who awakens a Phoenix princess, and Wolverine as a butcher who has encountered her before.
- A Cajun voodoo tale starring Rogue as a channeler, Mystique as her employer, Gambit and Bishop as New Orleans cops who take an interest in her, and Emma Frost as the head of a secret society who wants to use Rogue's gifts to control the dead.
Avengers Fairy Tales:
- Peter Pan with Captain America as Peter Pan, Scarlet Witch as Wendy, Quicksilver as her brother, Wasp as Tinkerbell, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Panther as the Lost Boys, and Klaw as Captain Hook.
- The Adventures of Pinocchio with Hank Pym as Geppetto, the Vision as Pinocchio, Wasp in a similar role to the cricket, the Scarlet Witch as the Blue—er, Scarlet Fairy, and Ultron as the cruel schoolmaster.
- Alice in Wonderland with Cassie Lang as Alice, the Scott Lang version of Ant-Man as the Caterpillar, Tigra as the Cheshire Cat, and the Young Avengers as the other denizens of Wonderland.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with She-Hulk as Dorothy, Agatha Harkness as the Good Witch of the North, various versions of Ant-Man and the Wasp as the Munchkins, Quicksilver as the Wicked Witch of the West, Scarlet Witch as the Wicked Witch of the East, Thor as the Scarecrow, Iron Man as the Tin Man, Captain America as the Cowardly Lion, and Magneto as the Wizard.