Kairos is a French comic book written by Ulysse Malassagne. It follows the story of Nills and Anaëlle, a young couple who goes to stay at an old house where Anaëlle used to live. In the middle of the night, creatures come through the fireplace of the house and take Anaëlle away to a strange world, and Nills follows them in to save his love.
Kairos was released on April 25, 2013, with the final book released January 30, 2015.
Provides Examples of
- Action Girl: Anaëlle gets kidnapped by dragons, but not before giving them a good old-fashioned butt kicking; dragons.
- Action Mom: The Queen of the dragons. She is shown to have great skill with magic, and even uses it to fight.
- Badass Adorable: The little dragon girl is unfazed by the prison break, and even taunts the guards.
- Badass and Child Duo: Nills and the little dragon girl.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: Anaëlle does this when a dragon is about to kill Nills.
- Bit-by-Bit Transformation: If you look closely at the trailer/concept art and comic, this seems to be happening to Nills. Why he's transforming or what he's turning in to has yet to be revealed.
- Ghibli Hills: The house is in the middle of a picturesque forest, and much of the setting is reminiscent of Studio Ghibli's style.
- Go for the Eye: Nills does this to the dragon who is trying to kidnap Anaëlle. The result is Eye Scream.
- Heartbroken Badass: Nills after Anaëlle is kidnapped.
- Icon of Rebellion: Nills becomes this to the oppressed citizens of the kingdom.
- Noble Fugitive: Anaëlle was hiding in the human world.
- Our Dragons Are Different: The dragons are more humanoid than traditional dragons. They walk on two feet, have hands, and even wear clothes like humans.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Anaëlle gets one in the third installment. It also appears to be a Battle Ballgown.
- Rebellious Princess: Anaëlle ran away to the human world because she was expected by tradition to marry against her will.
- Royal Blood: The reason why Anaëlle got dragged back to the dragon realm is because she is the only one fit to rule due to this.
- You Monster!: When Nills and Anaëlle meet up again, she basically gives him this, because his rage literally turned him into a dragon, and he killed her brother and parents.
- Your Normal Is Our Taboo: Nills is disturbed when he finds out that Anaëlle is being forced to marry her own father to inherit the throne. The Queen states that the dragons have different morals than humans, and that this is necessary.