Ignition City is a five-issue limited series by Warren Ellis & Gianluca Pagliarani from 2009. It is set in The '50s of an Alternate History where a Martian invasion interrupted World War II. Its story is focused on the eponymous Ignition City, the last spaceport of Earth, as it seems that the nations of the world practice an increasing isolationism. A young woman called Mary Raven investigates the murder of her father who lived there.
- Badass Boast:I'm 26 years old. I've been to the Moon, and Mars, and Venus. I've slept with asteroid gypsies, broken sloats, and fought with the eighth insurgency on Forest. I shot a man on Khargu because he needed to die more than any I've ever met. I repaired three rocket tubes with a wrench and a knife while hanging upside down over Titan during the syzygy. I'm 26 years old and my life is over now. So direct me please to the man who'll sell me a gun, and the place where my dad was shot dead in his sleep, for I have business to attend to before I lay down in my grave.
- Descriptiveville: It's a spaceport
- Diesel Punk
- Expy: Most of the characters are expies of classic figures from 1930s-1950s 'raygun' science fiction novels and serials gone to seed.
- Raygun Gothic
- Songs in the Key of Lock: One shows up, triggered by the owner's favorite song - "A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square".
- Used Future: The titular city is a spaceport constructed from rusted spaceships that has a lot of expies of classic sci-fi heroes as its residents.