Horndog is a Funny Animal Dramedy comic book created by Isaac M. Baranoff and drawn by Robbie Allen. The main characters are Bob, an Irish-American Labrador/beagle marijuana dealer, Charlene, his African-American half-Jewish Bombay cat girlfriend, and their friends Freddy the Rabbit, Tommy the Rat, and Leonard, Bob's best friend and a African-American Bombay cat.
Storylines blend genres like comedy, drama, romance, sci-fi and horror, and have focused variously on topics ranging from real-life based topics, including relationships, politics and racism, to more surreal subject matter, including Zombies and Alien Abduction.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Andrea Mouse is this and a Stalker with a Crush.
- Ax-Crazy: Andrea, again.
- Author Appeal: All of Baranoff's female characters have large asses and breasts, which are predominately shown.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: The entire cast.
- Beast Fable: Animals with melanated skin are identified as being African-American.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: One strip shows that Bob has the ability to perform oral sex on himself.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Leonard shows signs of this with Charlene.
- Four-Fingered Hands: All characters.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Pretty much everyone.
- I'm Going to Hell for This: Tommy tells Bob that "You're going to hell for this" after a series of bizarre sexual encounters.
- Interspecies Romance: Most relationships and sexual encounters portrayed in the comic are of this sort, including Bob and Charlene (which is also a metaphor for an interracial romance).
- Locked in a Freezer: Leonard, in a parody of The Shining.
- Maligned Mixed Marriage: Applies to Bob and Charlene even though they're not married. Averts Discriminate and Switch because the fact that she's a cat is considered less important than the fact that she's black, so Fantastic Racism is not called upon here.
- Mundane Fantastic: Horndog has both social commentary and character-based material, as well as storylines featuring aliens and zombies.
- Prepare to Die:
- Bob, to Leonard, who had drunken sex with Charlene:I wanna run your head through a meat grinder.
- Lampshaded two strips earlier by Leonard, who wonders if Bob will "be okay" with this, or if Bob will want to run Leonard's head through a meat grinder.
- Bob, to Leonard, who had drunken sex with Charlene:
- Species Surname: Andrea Mouse is a mouse.
- Charlene Kat is a slight subversion.