Flare is the flagship heroine of Heroic Publishing, an independent comic book publisher in the United States. Her comics were published irregularly from 1988 to 1994, and from 2004 to 2007. Billed as "Comics' Glittering Goddess of Light", Flare is also the glamorous fashion model Teresa Feran. She makes no attempt at a secret identity.
According to her Back Story, Flare is the daughter of a valkyrie who fought on the wrong side in World War II. Her allies include Donnah Hannah, alias Lady Arcane, and J.K. Clark, alias the Galloping Galooper. Flare's official site features a gallery of covers and pin-up art. She later had a Sunday-only comic strip, distributed by Creators Syndicate.
- Author Appeal: Teresa spends a lot of time nearly naked. A lot.
- Big Eater
- Clothing Damage
- Crossover: To Spying with Lana, in Spying with Flare.
- Exposition of Immortality: Tigress claims to have been worshiped in ancient Egypt as the goddess Bast.
- Eye Color Change: When Tigress hijacks Flare's body in hope of learning about Teresa's mother, Teresa's eyes change from blue to green.
- Fantastic Drug: Darkdust, which appears to turn people into Eldritch Abominations.
- Good Thing You Can Heal
- Gratuitous German
- Greek Mythology
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Flare herself, as well as her sister.
- Hot Witch: Lady Arcane is one.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure
- Innocent Fanservice Girl
- Light Is Good
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: Clara Whitworth, alias Madame Destiny, has expressed this view.
- The Nudifier: Damian Pomegranate hits Teresa with a green liquid in "Flare's Lost Costume", which leaves her stark naked.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Olga, in her Sparkplug identity, delivers one on page 653:Olga: Did it ever occur to you what it is that inspires such universal hatred among men?Man: Why don't you tell me?Olga: It's a failure to recognize differences between people as what they are! They are not badges of superiority or inferiority—moral or otherwise. They are merely differences! I admit that I recognize them, but you are a self-righteous hypocrite!
- Sexy Cat Person: Tigress, whose usual Stripperific tiger-print costume includes thigh boots and Fingerless Gloves. She once claimed to have been worshiped in ancient Egypt as the goddess Bast.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Nyx has been shown on the beach wearing only the lower part of a thong bikini.
- She's Got Legs: Flare and Lady Arcane both qualify, as do most of the other women.
- Statuesque Stunner: Flare and Lady Arcane again, as well as the Greek goddesses.
- Stylistic Suck: The "Dolf" stories Teresa and Olga wrote and illustrated for each other as little girls. When Flare reads one of those stories to a group of children at a public library, it becomes a Fractured Fairy Tale.
- Super Hero
- Would Hit a Girl: Darkon is all too eager to attack Flare with his darkness power.